Tuesday, September 03, 2019
Ada-Borup Bus Guidelines
- All Pre-K and Kindergarten students who ride a bus must have their Bus ID tags visibly on their backpacks.
- Only those students assigned to a bus route may ride that bus without a bus pass.
- Students who will be attending sleepovers, parties, or going to a friend’s house after school are not authorized to ride a bus. Parents need to make other transportation arrangements.
- One guest may be permitted with approval of the Transportation Director given a two-day written request.
- Transportation requests for open enrolled students will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Bus drivers are instructed to wait 30 seconds at each bus stop. Students should be waiting at their stop 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time.
- If your child will not be riding the bus in the morning, please notify the Transportation office at 784-5311 prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Buses will only drive on cleared and passable driveways that are at least ½ mile in length and offer an appropriate turning radius. On shorter driveways students will be picked up at the road.
- Bus tracking is available via an email link provided via parental request on a quarterly basis.
- Only students with an identified and documented requirement for special transportation will be allowed to ride in that designated vehicle.
- Non-pupils are not allowed on the bus without prior authorization from the Transportation Director.
- Security cameras are located on buses to provide for the safety and well-being of all individuals.
- Any concerns must be addressed to District Administration or the Director of Transportation.